The Conversation

The Conversation

Friday, September 4, 2015

So people matter.  Really matter!

The last few days I have been watching the news about what is alegedly largest migrant crisis in Europe's history.  Thousands of families, men, women, and children who have been dislodged from their homes in the Middle East due to war.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/04/europe/migrant-crisis-country-by-country/index.html 

It has only been over the last few days that my mind has come to understand the level of crisis affecting thousands of lives.  I find that so much of the time Americans (including myself) want to ignore the the reality of tragic situations such as these.  For me, acknowledging this situation, and others just like it, is very unsettling.  But I think I need to be unsettled.

No comments:

Post a Comment